When I was a kid, Sunday mornings meant getting up early, taking a shower, and getting ready to go to church. After church was over, we'd have lunch, usually at Shoney's and then take a nap or just chill by watching whatever movie came on 43 or the WB until it was time to get ready for the evening service. After the service, we'd play outside or just stand around and talk, until the folks were ready to leave. Then, when we finally got home there was a big shuffle about getting the homework done that we had kept pushing off or ignoring for better things to do or the television show that we just had to see.
Now, there is still a shuffle to finish homework that is due the next day, but it is due more to the fact that being in college, you have to socialize and that I have a job which is very draining. So you tend to delay anything that will invade the sense of peace that you have been waiting for all day. I have given up going to church lately, which I regret but there has been something missing- like I lost a piece of myself which thoroughly enjoys the spiritual side of life.
I keep looking to find it, maybe it has to do with finding a church which will allow my spirit to grow instead of the shrinking which has been caused by many churches around here. It is a shame that this has happened, no wonder people often think we are hypocrites. I am right now, because as a Christian I am to worship God and praise him for what I have done. I still thank him, and I try to walk in his light- but I think that I have had to get off the beaten path in search of my own way.
So here I sit eating some pizza and writing this, just wondering how many people have never experienced what I was so lucky in my childhood and later in my teenage years to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment